Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Love Touch - Relations of the heart


One of my relative died this week. He was just 60 and was just beginning to enjoy love and what his little love life had to offer. Love of his children, who had matured to understand it. Love of his wife who has and had (but, and) no other option to love him with time. Love of his grand children. Love which he cherished and urged on, all his life. Love at his truest spirit.


What I believe is that love starts in the old age. In the old age, when the children grow up and are gone. In the old age, when the poor soul looks into each other and has only the complaints about other and an "only life" experience to share. A dependence only to Gods and the faith associated with it. A dependence in only each other, a clinging so intimate. Love starts then and there!


I thought I'll live for ever. I thought that I'm immune to diseases. I remember looking at people who exercised in the morning and evening for a better health and I’ve noticed people straining for a better life and I just smile. I smiled at their stupidity. I also laughed when they say they have high sugar in their blood stream and have cholesterol. I never thought that it is what it is to become a "human." and I'll finally experience it and live as one. I failed to fathom that we are all ordinary mortals under the mercy of nature. We can in a minute become sick or fall under the rubble with the shift of belts in an earthquake. The struggle of desperation and weakness in a human being is so noticeable in our daily existence that we are simply just such weaklings, but we imagine ourselves as super human beings capable of living for ever.


When I was small, I always was the Amithabh Bachchan, Dharmendra or the Vinod Khanna. When I used to be small and see the films, plume was high and after each film I used to enact the complete scenes in front to my Sister and my Parents and felt special among the giggles of the crowd. I always wanted to be the hero. The invincible that could bash up, sing and woo the girls I always wanted. Though the girls and villains are never the actual character and the mentality what I currently expect and my life has changed, I just wanted to be above all.


What are we? Are we are not just ourselves trying to prove ourselves in this world and trying to gain acceptance?


Is the girl who I'm trying to woo and marry not just an individual, an another soul who is trying to prove herself and trying for acceptance in this funny world? Is not life what I and what she has imagined the same? A life with someone who can respect each other and negotiate freedoms? A tension free life which is free of tautness and a beautiful froth of happiness along the way?


Money as we believe is the now the source of the all the happiness in this world. Money to buy a TV, so that we can pass the time, Money to buy exotic holidays, money to give cinematic gifts, money to buy time and money to buy even romantic dreams!


Where are we all heading? To the grave, right? Is time that we spend together so important when we amalgamate with soil? Is the soil concerned when blending two souls about its differences?


My dear Brother- Clinton (yes, his name is Clinton and he was named when the ex-president Bill Clinton assumed office), yesterday sent a beautiful SMS, which goes something like this, "It's just meaningless in expecting anyone to be your kind because you can't hold their right hand in your right hand to walk together." My respect really grew towards him even though it was just a SMS forward. Are we not just fools trying to be superior to others and trying to prove ourselves?Love and keep loving my dears. There is nothing else so important in this world. Hate and egoism is just temporary. Let us not lose our precious time in bickering and fights which proves nothing.


Love each other without expecting anything in return. Give the freedom to each other which even you don't cherish for yourselves. Love each other to prove nothing. That's life at its best! God Bless!!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Erm... a unicorn and a pegasus, with a seemingly evil character at the back.

Love is indeed a most wonderful feeling. Even a nasty person like me wants to be loved. *sniff*

Nice entry.

Smita said...

Sweet post...

And u r so right. Love becomes 2ndary in our materialistic life and by the time we realise its true meaning it is late....

Anonymous said...

quite a few points to ponder upon !

thought provoking post Biju !

Vyazz said...

Wonderful post.
There are certain things that transcend death. Transcend prejudice and transcend even divine intervention. One of them is love. Something that never dies out, if true and pure in nature. There isn't and there shall never be a power greater.
Neither material nor spiritual barriers can hold it.
For the connection between loved ones exists even in the afterlife.
Such is its power.

vimmuuu said...

Wonderful post Biju. These days, people dont find the time to smile leave alone love.

Vee said...

My heart did skip a beat when I started reading the post.,.. it indirectly sends a wrong signal... Hope u know what I mean by that....

And for Clinton's SMS, I remember the song from Delhi- wherein A.R.Rehman himself says 'translated in English' If you wish to hold my hand and walk, how can we walk hand-in-hand with both of our right hands, There should be one left, one right, hold it, hold my hand, We are going to walk together so hold it.

manju said...

Wonderful post, Biju! Something to think about.

Indyeah said...

Ah Biju!Such melancholic thoughts again....why?:)
You are such a great blogging pal:))one who constantly encourages always with your keep blogging...(get it trademarked:D)
Though yes the questions are worth pondering on...and loved the post too for its sheer depth..
but now I also pass on the smiley tag to you:))write post that nakes us smile,guffaw and giggle:)))

god bless:)

Solilo said...

Biju, Your posts are always profound. It seems that you have learned so much from life.

What I think about love is that it is always there. Most of our young life we are busy in putting the life together and bringing up children that we might not appreciate love but it is there. In old age you have the time so you have time to grow closer. But believe me even when you are young you have the same strong bond.

I believe true love needn't be always expressed. It should also be understood.

Anonymous said...

Love Guru is pleased with this post! :)
May your relative rest in peace... :)

los said...

Love growing sweeter with age would be nice but it is not everyone who can hold on till that stage. Your relative and his family was blessed to find it. Growing thoughtful,are you.

Vishesh said...

yes we are just another mortal specie but in our own eyes we are immortal as long as we are alive...

Mortality is lost when sense of reality is found...

Yup there is no need for the ego but for one thing - to deal with people who are below us...what I mean is that if we try to be ourselves and open to them , they will think they are superior than you..the ego here is not the one which becomes jea but rather that part of us which makes us feel we are superior than someone else....

We are part of nature...as I say we are just another note is the song..but every note needs to make itself be heard as it should be , otherwise the song is not complete...

But the problem is most people don't realize...

and your comment on that poem , is kinda true :P

Anonymous said...

Love w\o expectations? Is that even possible?

I wud say we should love with understanding.. and respect and rest will fall in place :)

And it is true.. most ppl explore love rather companionship only in oldage.. how much they miss in the meantime!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Biju. As someone said, death and taxes are inevitable. One day all our loved ones will go and we will also go. Its how you manage the transition period as you see your loved ones leaving you one by one is what defines you.

May God bless the soul of the departed and give strength to his loved ones to shoulder the grief.

SSQuo said...

I think its different types of love that happen at different times in your life. They also vary depending on how you met etc. arranged vs. love, etc.

It's good to love, BUT its also good to BE loved.

I have to say I'm totally into old couple love and bonds, its so nice to see. They just become one person, know everything about the other...an extension of ones self. I hope to have that with my special someone, when I'm 80! My plan is that I'll be wearing hot shorts then and roaming around the world! lol

Shadow!!! Oh you evil/nice boy. :)

amit said...

If everyone could think like that, the world would be a better place to live.

Dutta said...

We all rave for acceptance and approval from the society and almost all our decisions are governed by it .. I don't think this is how it should be...

You made quite a good point about love at old age ... by the way the SMS has been inspired by the Song Rehna Tu from Delhi 6 ... :)

SSQuo said...

hey, hope all is well, perhaps you are having too much fun!

Hope you come back to blog soon!

Unknown said...

Hi,

Hope you are doing well! This is Anamika Tiwari Chief Editor at Webneetech.com. At present we are interviewing entrepreneurs and now we are starting another section to feature (interview) bloggers and their blog on webneetech.com

Would like to feature your interview on our website.

I was not able to find any contact details of yours so using this comment box. Please let me know your email id or else contact us on i.webneetech@gmail.com, so that we can send you the questionnaire and feature you on webneetech.com Please visit www.webneetech.com to know more about us.

Regards,
Anamika
Webneetech.com

Unknown said...

As a man, I can not fail to be touched by the images on this page.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Top website, I hadn't noticed venusmoonboy.blogspot.com before during my searches!
Keep up the wonderful work!

Anonymous said...

Good one

Anonymous said...

how many time i do not do what i want to do but do what i dont want to do